NCPLH – National Certificate for Personal Licence Holders
It is now the law in England and Wales that anyone who authorises the sale of alcohol to the public must hold a personal licence.
Those who wish to obtain a personal licence need to apply to their local authority.
Applicants will be asked for a number of things to support their application; these will include proof that they hold a licensing qualification such as the NCPLH.
Who should take this qualification?
Anyone who wishes to work in a licensed premises or any venue or site where alcohol is sold, for drinking on or off the premises - in a position where they will authorise the sale of alcohol to the public.
What does the qualification cover?
The BIIAB NCPLH covers the syllabus set by government to enable candidates to understand the law in relation to:
- the roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities within the framework of the licensing objectives
- the application process for a personal licence
- the role and legal responsibilities of the personal licence holder, and the penalties relating to failure to comply with the law
- the premises licence
- the content and purpose of operating schedules
- the role and duties of the designated premises supervisor
- unauthorised licensable activities
- permitted temporary licensable activities
- rights of entry to licensed premises
- police powers with regard to suspension and closure of licensed premises
- the specific prohibitions for the sale of alcohol
- the strengths of alcoholic drinks, and the effects of alcohol on the human body
- the protection of children from harm
- the responsible retail sale of alcohol
What does the assessment involve?
Assessment for the qualification is a two–part, 40 question multiple–choice examination, with 40 minutes allowed for completion.
Section One contains 5 questions, all of which must be answered correctly for a candidate to pass and in Section Two, 24 out of the 35 questions must be answered correctly. There is only one examination.
The course is one day. Course registration normally starts at 09:45 with the examination starting at 17:30.
The cost of the course, fully inclusive of tuition, examination fees, certificate, course materials, handbook and refreshments (including lunch) is £150 + vat. There are no hidden extras!
We are more than happy to deliver an exclusive course at a premise of your choosing – this can be for any number of candidates with a minimum of four, please call us for a quotation.
For more information or to discuss any aspect of the National Certificate for Personal Licence Holders course, please call: 020 8543 6670